AFED Women Board Visits Jamaats in Tanzania
The Women Board Chairperson, Mrs. Zaheeda Alishan paid a visit to Mwanza and Zanzibar and had an opportunity to meet the Ladies Managing Committee of the respective Jamaats. The Women Board Team also met the Dar es Salaam Ladies Managing Committee.
The focus of discussion during these visits and meeting were:
- To connect and create a network with the Ladies members of the Jamaats
- To brief them about the Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Women Board.
- To unite, develop and empower more female leaders to lead the community in different positions.
- The way forward is to provide exposure and mentorship to Girls and Women and develop them into spiritually and socially conscious leaders.
- To discuss the details of the survey sent out by the Board which would enable to identify and reach out to assist and empower the target groups.
- To discuss the Lady Khadija Grant and its objective to support small businesses that are run by female members of our Jamaats in Africa.
- To create awareness of the Board’s upcoming event; the Leadership and Emotional Intelligence Workshop for the Ladies Managing Committee team. This Program is aimed to build their skills and enhance their overall leadership style of our ladies and help them discover effective leadership techniques to handle challenging leadership issues as well as identify and select the appropriate methods that work for them.
- Introduced the idea of launching the “WE Can Support” Helpline, which would provide help and give effective solutions to tough situations women undergo and to make the lives of women better by giving support, offering hope and creating connections on a regular basis.