CIRCULAR NO: JMT/01/16
By the Grace of Allah (SWT), the 26th Triennial Conference of the Federation of Khoja Shia Ithna-Asheri Jamaats held in Dar-es-Salaam was successfully concluded on Sunday 1st May 2016. At the Conference the Chairman Elect Alhaj Shabir Najafi was officially inducted, he took over the Chairmanship from Murrabi Alhaj Anwarali Dharamsi who has completed the two term tenure of six years i.e. 2010 – 2016.
The following were elected in their respective positions in the Elections held at the Conference:
- Alhaj Aunali Khalfan Vice Chairman at the Secretariat
- Alhaj Mohamed Hemani Hon Treasurer
- Alhaj Ebrahim Jaffer Trustee – Kenya
- Alhaj Sultan Molu Trustee – Kenya
- Alhaj Anwarali Dharamsi Trustee – Tanzania
- Alhaj Mehboob Versi Trustee – Tanzania
- Alhaj Ebrahim Kassam Trustee – Uganda
- Alhaj Mohamed Manji Trustee – Uganda
- Alhaj Gulam Khaku Electoral Commissioner
The Chairmen of Conseil Régional Des KSI Jamates de L’océan Indien (CROI) and Khodjas Shia Isnashri de le Reunion (UAKSIR) continue as the Vice Chairman by virtue of their respective positions in the Territorial Councils of Madagascar and Reunion.
- Alhaj Navazaly Molou Vice Chairman – CROI
- Alhaj Amine Nassor Vice Chairman – UAKSIR
The Chairman Alhaj Shabir Najafi has made the following appointments in accordance with the provisions of the AFED Constitution:
- Br. Alihassan Kassam Hon Asst Secretary
- Br. Aliabbas Nasser Hon Asst Treasurer
A detailed Press Release on the 26th AFED Triennial Conference will be issued shortly.
Hon Asst Secretary